THE ORGANIZATION: |
The Chinatown Health Clinic Foundation is a nonprofit that raises funds through events and other giving initiatives to improve access to quality health care for underserved Asian Americans and other vulnerable populations. These funds support community-based health care services, primarily those provided by the Charles B. Wang Community Health Center (“CBWCHC”). Starting as a volunteer clinic 50 years ago, CBWCHC has grown to become the largest health care provider to New York City’s Asian American community, with 550 employees, and a budget of $60 million. We take pride in our work and in making a difference in the lives of the community. Our work environment is mission driven, high quality and team-based.
JOB TITLE: Chief Development Officer
The Foundation seeks an experienced, mission- and results-driven individual to lead its Development efforts. The ideal candidate has an ambitious strategic vision for fundraising, superior communication skills and experience managing change in a growing organization.
- Develop and refine fundraising strategies for the organization
- Oversee fundraising activities, including funder/key stakeholder targeting, cultivation and management, content development, digital engagement, and event planning
- Expand and diversify the Foundation’s funder base
- Develop and execute plans to expand endowments and planned giving
- Organize donor cultivation events
- Represent the Foundation to donors and supporters on a continual basis. Be an ambassador for the Foundation, disseminating information with the community
- Organize and facilitate the Fundraising Committee of the Board, include agenda setting, reporting on updates, and engaging committee members on strategies
- Oversee Project AHEAD alumni relations
- Collaborate and establish good working relationships with Health Center staff
- Recruit, develop, manage, and coach a team of fundraising professionals
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven experience in fundraising and/or related fields, with several years of management experience in a non-profit organization or similar environment
- Knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising, estate planning, and corporate fundraising
- Motivated, with the ability to solve complex problems and a passion for philanthropy
- External orientation – willing to be “out there” and build external relationships
- Positive attitude, concern for people and community, self-confidence
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written
- B.A. or B.S. preferred, or equivalent experience
SALARY: Commensurate with experience.
Completed application and resume should be submitted to email@example.com.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the HR department at the above email address.
Download the application form.